It's September and that means Sewing Indie Month (SIM) is here! SIM is a month-long celebration of Indie sewing patterns. I've been lucky enough to be included in this collaboration of amazing designers and bloggers to to bring you fun blog posts, tutorials, interviews and more. My Mississippi Avenue Dress & Top pattern was included in the 1st bundle sale and now there is a second bundle sale starting Tuesday September 1st through Thursday September 10th. You can check out the sale at the Sew Independent web site SIM Bundle 2 Sale - this years SIM head quarters. Not only is this bundle a great deal, 20% of proceeds will be donated to Women for Women, which helps women dealing with violence, marginalization, and poverty due to war and conflict so you're supporting a great cause.
- Pay $25 or more to get the VNA Top, 6101 Fit & Flare Skirt, Bess Top, Nettie Dress & Bodysuit, and Pinot Pants.
- Pay $32 or more to get the Walkley Vest & Dress and Jasper Sweater & Dress.
- Pay $38 or more to get the Nautilus Swimsuit, the NEW Kinga Skirt, and the NEW April 1962 Coat.
- Pinot Pants by Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick
- Fit and Flare Skirt by Maison Fleur
- Bess Top by Imagine Gnats
- VNA Top by Fehr Trade
- Nettie Bodysuit and Dress by Closet Case Files
- Walkley Vest & Dress by MIY Collection
- Jasper Hoodie by Paprika Patterns
- Nautilus Swimsuit by Seamstress Erin
- the new Kinga Skirt by Kate & Rose
- the new April 1962 Coat by SomaPatterns
SIM and the bundle sales are accompanied by a sew a long contest with three sew a long categories, each lead by one of three amazing blogger leaders. There is over $1000 in prizes and a bonus prize. There are some great prizes too so thanks to all of the wonderful businesses donating them. Also thanks to the bloggers leading the sew a longs. See below for categories, prizes and sew a long leaders.
The Dressed to the Nines sewalong contest is led by the inimitable Laura of Lilacs and Lace, and here's what you can win:
Soma Patterns: 1962 Jacket PDF pattern
Lolita Patterns: PDF pattern of your choice
Paprika Patterns Jade Skirt PDF pattern
Closet Case Patterns: your choice of PDF pattern
Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick: Mimosa blouse PDF pattern
Muse Patterns: your choice of PDF pattern
Seamster Sewing Patterns: your choice of PDF pattern
Maison Fleur: your choice of PDF pattern
Seamstress Erin Designs: your choice of PDF pattern
Dixie DIY: Bonnell Dress PDF pattern
MIY Patterns Brighside Shrug PDF pattern
Imagine Gnats: your choice of PDF pattern
Fehr Trade: your choice of PDF pattern
True Bias: your choice of PDF pattern
A Trip To The Beach With Family At Summer's End
My parents, my brother and his 2 daughters, my husband and my son and I all went to the beach for our annual trip last weekend. My husband took these amazing photos I'd thought I'd share with you.
Cascade Head hike
The Family hiking up for the view.
The Siletz Bay
The end - for now.