Bridgetown Backless Dress Sewing Pattern (PDF)
This is a PDF downloadable pattern.
The versatile Bridgetown Backless Dress or Tunic is great for fluid knit or woven fabrics with some drape. The open back is stunning for an evening look with a pair of heels or dress it down with a camisole underneath or over a pair of jeans for a more modest look. The simple styling makes it quick and easy to sew.
- Sizes 0 - 20
- This is a beginner level pattern
- This is a PDF downloadable pattern
- This pattern is not layered
Need help choosing your size? See our Fit Guide for sizing information.
Show us your #bridgetownbacklessdress on Instagram
Having trouble printing your PDF pattern? Click here for our PDF Troubleshooting Tips!
This pattern features a loose-fitting bodice with drop shoulder short sleeves, an elasticized waist, and a jewel front neckline that becomes a cross-over draped open back.
Dress A and Tunic B have a bottom band and Dress C and Tunic D have standard turned-up hems that are more suitable for knits. The dress hems land above the knees and the Tunics land at the mid-thigh. You may want to think about sizing down when sewing with knit fabric.
Fabrics, Sundries & Measurements
Fabrics: Lightweight fabrics with some drape such as Tencil challlis, rayon challis, wool challis, sandwashed silk, silk charmeuse, cotton jersey, bamboo jersey.
PDF downloadable pattern files include:
- Instructions 20 pages, 1.9 MB;
- Print At Home Pattern that fits U.S. letter 8.5" X 11" and A4 paper 26 pages, 2.3 MB;
- U.S. Copy Shop File 36" X 55" 1 page, 114 KB;
- A0 Copy Shop File (page 1) 111 KB; A1
- Copy Shop File (page 2) 108 KB;
- zip file 2.1 MB
- This is an older pattern and does not come in layered sizes.
To view our shipping and delivery information please click here.