Montavilla Dress Sewing Pattern (PDF)
This is a PDF downloadable pattern.
The Montavilla Dress was originally designed to be worn long and loose for comfort in warm temperatures, however, it also looks great belted with the tie for more waist definition. There are also options for a mini dress and a top. The top looks great tucked into a skirt or pants or worn more casually untucked.
- This is an advanced/ beginner level pattern.
- Sizes 00 - 20.
- Layered pattern files.
Need help choosing your size? See our Fit Guide for sizing information.
Show us your #montadress and #montatop on Instagram
The details on this garment are simple yet unique. The outer leg of the shoulder dart gathers slightly to form a ruffle while an elastic tunnel gathers the sides at the underarm for an easy and comfortable fit with no closures to sew.
When sewn in a more structured fabric, the sleeve/ruffle is more crisp and prominent. Sew it up in a fluid fabric such as rayon challis and the ruffle floats or flutters gently.
The top (version #1) is somewhat cropped and lands around the high hip. The mini dress (version #2) lands a little above the knees and the long dress (version #3) lands just above the ankles. Both long and short dresses feature oversized pockets and the full maxi features long front slits/vents at the hem. The waist tie is optional.
Fabrics, Sundries & Measurements
For fluid sleeve ruffles choose rayon challis, silk challis, sandwashed silk and lightweight woven Tencel.
For crisp sleeve ruffles choose linen, fine cotton lawn, light-weight shirting, cotton ikat.
PDF downloadable pattern files include:
- U.S. Copy Shop File 36" X 127" 1 page, 206 KB;
- A0 Copy Shop File 3 pages, 232 KB;
- At Home Pattern File 8.5" X 11" or A4 paper size, 63 pages, 772 KB (this file has a layers option for individual size printing).
- Instructions 8.5" X 11" or A4 paper size, 26 pages, 11 MB
- How To Use Acrobat Layers 1 page, 719 KB
- zip file that includes all of the above files 5 files, 12.2 MB
To view our shipping and delivery information please click here.