SEW INDIE MONTH aka SIM! August 07 2015
Hello all! As promised I'm back to say more about SIM - Indie Sewing Month - in more detail. I was pretty tired the other night and just couldn't do much more than add a link. It's been a crazy month tying up the final details of my latest pattern the Rose City Halter Dress and launching it. Now that it's all done, I'm ready to turn my focus to SIM and I'm so EXCITED to be involved! I am pretty new to this amazing virtual sewing community. When I saw the advertisement for SIM last year, I thought to myself, "I hope I can be involved in that someday." Well... I got my wish and I was so flattered when Mari of Seamster Sewing Patterns asked me to participate this year.
For those of you who don't know about SIM it's a month of all sorts of sewing fun and it starts in September. There will be interviews with amazing designers, collaborative blog posts, tutorials, sew-a-longs, contests and to kick it off early....... a HUGE pattern bundle sale! The sale started August 3rd (sorry for the late announcement) and it runs until August 12th. That means it ends next Wednesday so check it out soon! Visit Sew Independent for full details. This is an opportunity to discover and try out a wide variety of indie designers at a low cost. The sale started early enough to allow those participating in the contest to have time to adjust muslins and really perfect their projects for upcoming contests.
And...... you won't have to feel guilty about feeding your sewing habit with this bundle because 20% of the proceeds from the sale will go to a truly great charity - International Folk Art Alliance (IFAA). IFAA helps folk artists all over the world create sustainable livelihoods through education and economic opportunities in an effort to help them rebuild their communities, and support themselves in the face of destruction of war, oppression, abuse...... Visit Folk Art Alliance for some amazing stories and information.
Name your price for these indie pdf patterns but the more you pay... the more you get! And..... she/he who spends the most wins! The 10 people who spend the most on the pattern bundle sale will also receive printed copy shop versions of the patterns - mailed to them wherever they live!
- Pay $25 or more to get the Sutton Blouse, Cressida Skirt, Sugar Plum Dress, Mississippi Ave Dress & Top, and the Ultimate Trousers.
- Pay $32 or more to get the Cookie Blouson and Bonnell Dress.
- Pay $38 or more to get the Melissa Dress, Blouse & Skirt, the NEW Saltbox Top, and the NEW Sorrel Dress & Top.
- The 10 people who spend the most will get printed copy shop versions of the patterns mailed to them as a free bonus.
Here are the links to participating Bundle 1 designers and their patterns:
- Bonnell Dress by Dixie DIY
- Cookie Blouson by Waffle Patterns
- Cressida Skirt by Jennifer Lauren Vintage Patterns
- Melissa Dress, Blouse & Skirt by Muse Patterns
- Mississippi Ave Dress & Top by Sew House Seven
- the NEW Saltbox Top by Blueprints for Sewing
- the NEW Sorrel Dress & Top by Seamster Sewing Patterns
- Sugar Plum Dress by Lolita Patterns
- Sutton Blouse by True Bias
- Ultimate Trousers by Sew Over It
Stay tuned during SIM as there will be more great designers involved!